This is so unfair!

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/judge-hostess-give-executives-18m-bonuses/story?id=17844113

How is this fair?! I'm just so disgusted by the whole thing. :(

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 4:25 PM on Nov. 30, 2012 in Money & Work

• you have to be kidding me!!!
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:31 PM on Nov. 30, 2012

• The company that's considering buying them is based in Mexico, but they have bakeries in the US. One of them is right here where I live. It's the same company that owns Entenmann's, Brownberry and Sara Lee. While it sucks for the people who've lost their pension, they aren't going to manage selling and transferring everything without having people in charge to oversee it. You can guarantee the new owners won't need any of them once it's done - they have executives who know what the hell they're doing.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:47 PM on Nov. 30, 2012

• It's a stay bonus. They want those execs to stay to close out the company. Otherwise they would be out looking for other work. My husband's company gave them out too.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:43 PM on Nov. 30, 2012

• Why?
    The union (bakers) could not come o an agreement and they are liquidating the company.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:39 PM on Nov. 30, 2012

• ^^ The same execs who helped mismanage the company? The same execs who helped drive it into bankruptcy a 2nd time? Bonuses should not be given to those who can't perform their job well.  The small percentage of union workers who already gave up 25% and who didn't want to give 32% are not the ones to blame here.  If I was buying the company I certainly wouldn't want to retain those who helped bankrupt it in the first place. 

mrsmom110

Comment by mrsmom110 (original poster) at 5:59 PM on Nov. 30, 2012

• I know.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 9:49 PM on Dec. 1, 2012