My almost four year old wants a frog for Christmas.

I'm well aware he's too young to take care of it so that's going to be my job primarily but it and a bike are the only things he's asked for all year. I'm looking for one that's relatively low maintenance and big enough for him to hold. I already have a mid sized aquarium. Can anyone give me suggestions? Preferably from experience.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Nov. 30, 2012 in Pets

• I have no experience with frogs, but I think that is a COOL gift.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:22 PM on Nov. 30, 2012

• I really would not give into this. It is your choice but th downsides are to great in my book and I love all kinds of animals including thee slimy ones. Would you get him a pony if that was the only thing he wanted?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:24 PM on Nov. 30, 2012

• I'm not sure how I feel about a 4yr old and a frog...
    a 10 yr old *maybe

what if you could find a plush one that he could carry around and not have to worry about?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:27 PM on Nov. 30, 2012

• Stuffed animal!
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 5:30 PM on Nov. 30, 2012

• A pony, no. Because I don't have the money, the space, or the time. A pony is vastly different than a frog which is definitely a manageable request.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:31 PM on Nov. 30, 2012

• Frogs are very easy and my favorite is the sticky green tree frog. They arrest big and fat(about the size of a child's hand) they can climb and stick to the tank. I believe they come from australia but I may be wrong. They have golden eyes too. I also like fire belly toads which are about the size a a fifty cent piece are green and black with red and black tummies. Or the bull frog which will get big enough to eat small rats
    flowersmama

Answer by flowersmama at 5:32 PM on Nov. 30, 2012

• http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=n%3A166461011%2Cp_n_feature_browse-bin%3A373458011%2Cp_n_feature_browse-bin%3A373468011

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:33 PM on Nov. 30, 2012

• not sure why that didn't do a link- but if you check amazon there are all kinds of plush frogs :)

*just a thought
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:34 PM on Nov. 30, 2012

• Or the tiny ones you can put in a vase like the beta fish
    flowersmama

Answer by flowersmama at 5:35 PM on Nov. 30, 2012

• Check with your local pet store about the different species of frogs and how to give them proper care. I don't see it any different from a turtle or a hamster.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:42 PM on Nov. 30, 2012