When applying to a job through e-mail?

do you write in the email or just attach your resume?

mampanda0422

Asked by mampanda0422 at 5:58 PM on Nov. 30, 2012 in Money & Work

• Whenever I did it, I attached my resume, but wrote a short message in the body of the email. Usually something to the effect of "My name is Wendy _______ and I'm applying for the ______ position you advertised in ______________. I've attached my resume for your consideration, and look forward to hearing from you soon."

Depending on what the ad asked for, I might include a brief statement about why I thought I'd be good in the position, or what skills qualified me for it, or answer specific questions asked in the ad. I also put my contact info in the message, as well as on my resume.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 6:09 PM on Nov. 30, 2012

• I put the job number or code and what job it is in the message spot along with my name .
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:55 PM on Nov. 30, 2012

• I attach my resume and treat the email as a cover letter and make it very formal.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:59 PM on Nov. 30, 2012

• I just attach a short note saying that I would like to apply for the position and attached is my Resume.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:49 PM on Nov. 30, 2012

• Short note but attach a resume and cover letter
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 9:45 PM on Dec. 1, 2012

• I do what wendy does.
    vjoaquin

Answer by vjoaquin at 11:07 PM on Dec. 1, 2012