BO at 6???

Tonight when we got in the car there was a very profound body odor smell and I discovered it was coming from my six year old daughter. She showers every other day. I don't want her to get made fun of at school :( I mean she really stinks, is this normal so young? Can she wear deodorant yet? Should she?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 6:33 PM on Nov. 30, 2012 in Kids' Health

• Try Tom's of Maine
    I'd bring it up to the pedi
    And bathe her daily

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:35 PM on Nov. 30, 2012

• Seems to be happening younger and younger. A friend of mine and I were discussing this just last night. Why has the onset of puberty shifted to such an early age? We have hypotheses, none of which pertain to this question lol

Anyway, there's this great deodorant for young girls and boys that is free of the harmful stuff.

I guess you could also up her showers to daily, instead of every other day, and see if that helps

Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 6:37 PM on Nov. 30, 2012

• Well she is like me in that if she showers everyday her skin dries out alot and makes hair stiff
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 6:38 PM on Nov. 30, 2012

• Up her showers daily, instill those habits now!
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 6:39 PM on Nov. 30, 2012

• What Butterfly said, and what's her diet like? Lot's of garlic could add to the problem.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 6:40 PM on Nov. 30, 2012

• Then shower everyday but, only wash her hair every other day (that's what I do). Though my girls wash their hair everyday.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 6:41 PM on Nov. 30, 2012

• I do use a lot of garlic in our meals
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 6:42 PM on Nov. 30, 2012

• Maybe have her use a showercap and do her hair every other day. Have her moisturize like mad.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 6:42 PM on Nov. 30, 2012

• My dau had to start using deodorant at a pretty young age too. I've been in her classroom for various activities since she started school & have noticed some of her classmates should be using deodorant too. Talk to her Dr., but I'm sure it's just part of growing up. Bathing every other day should be fine. Like you said, daily is very drying to the skin. (Maybe a PTA bath in between?)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:42 PM on Nov. 30, 2012

• Yeah we already have to use an ultra moisture lotion twice daily even already showering every other day. Could be that we live in a high humidity area idk, but sometimes our skin peels after the shower cause its that dry lol
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 6:44 PM on Nov. 30, 2012