7 weeks- blood found on ultra sound

So this is my third pregnancy and I just had my ultrasound Wednesday. The doctor's office called today and said they found a small blood cot on the side of the gestational sac and scheduled me for another ultrasound in two weeks.

They were saying they needed to make sure it was a viable pregnancy and that I wasn't miscarrying. I haven't had any bleeding. Of course now, I'm completely freaking out. Anyone ever have this happen to them?

prettypaper

Asked by prettypaper at 8:30 PM on Nov. 30, 2012 in Pregnancy

• I had a subchorionic hemorrhage early on when I was pregnant with my son. Red bleeding for a day. He is healthy & 6 years old now! Don't worry!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:56 PM on Nov. 30, 2012

• Yes, it happened to me. The blood was from placenta pulling away from my uterus. In my case the ultrasound couldn't tell why the clot formed until after my DD was born. I had many ultrasounds throughout my pregnancy because it was high risk for several reasons. Good luck.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 12:44 AM on Dec. 1, 2012

• I had one as well. Mine lasted for the first 20ish weeks. It was definitely scary at times. I did bleed quite a bit from it. The difference is if you do have bleeding it is usually from the clot breaking down and leaking out. Try to avoid sex, this can irritate it. My daughter is now a perfectly healthy two year old! so just take it easy and keep it monitored. If you have any concerns or bleeding just call the doc and get checked out. Im sure everything will be fine. These are actually more common than you would think, they usually just go undiagnosed. You know all those women you hear about having their periods during pregnancy?Generally its actually from this. So try not to stress! At least they found it and can keep an eye on it =)
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 5:59 PM on Dec. 1, 2012

• I had a cist and they thought that I was going to miscarry but hunny don't stress I'm 36 weeks and 6 days now so have faith that you will be ok and your baby as well! =)
    KColeman90

Answer by KColeman90 at 1:04 PM on Dec. 2, 2012