Bein positive

What would you say to a young son or daughter who's in detention,whether it be for minor offenses or serious. What would you say to try to brighten their spirit and help them get through the tough times?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Dec. 1, 2012 in General Parenting

• I would talk about how change is always possible and the path they are on led them to a place they don't want to be so another path must be chosen. I'd let them know that I will be there to help them find and maintain their way to better things, but that effort on their part is required.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:48 AM on Dec. 1, 2012

• What? Jail or detention? Like, county jail or detention for school?
    Well, for either, I don't think they really need their spirits lifted, they are in there for a reason and need to use the time in "detention" or jail to contemplate what they did and how to avoid doing it in the future.
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 10:26 AM on Dec. 1, 2012

• They got a detention after school? Well, I would give them a lecture on following rules.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 9:28 AM on Dec. 1, 2012

• I meant jail
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:29 AM on Dec. 1, 2012

• juvinelle detention is what she is meaning. Its like a "kids jail"
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:39 AM on Dec. 1, 2012