The salmonella outbreak with peanutbutter made me wonder....is it better to buy name brand products instead of store brand to receive a product that has come from a factory that has HIGH quality control? Or does it matter, what do you think.

I heard the scientist say that its not the product that is the problem its the quality control and testing that the factories do that controls problems. And bigger companies have better testing and spend more money on this area.

So does this change what you buy or make you wonder too?

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 7:14 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Food & Drink

• no because alot of the name off brand products are actually made by these name brand companys they just sell them at a cheaper rate. alot of those peanutbutters that were recalled where some big name brands.
    Anonymous

• You made me wonder so I looked up all the recalls for this outbreak and I didn't see many that were namebrand products OR COMPANYS. They are mostly all off brands, but I did see a few products from Nestle, Hershey, and Schwanns, I usually buy the name brand, I don't know why but I guess i'm glad I do.
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 7:22 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• um actually there is a reason why choosy moms choose JIF, In their entire production history, they have NEVER EVER, had any kind of problem, I researched it, they are the only brand that can say that they are 100 percent safe 100 percent of the time!!!!! If you like peanut butter snacks make your own at home safely with JIF....
    MsMESSx2

Answer by MsMESSx2 at 7:51 PM on Feb. 11, 2009