What's "normal"? adult content

I didn't want to put this in pregnancy. That's no fair to the ladies having a healthy pregnancy.
Anyway, I found out Thursday my peanut stopped growing around 5 weeks when I was supposed to be 6w2d. Wednesday night I was spotting. Thursday before the ultrasound it was light. After the u/s I had 2 bathroom trips that were like a heavy period day with small clots. Since then it's been light/spotty and already turning brown. Is that normal? I am afraid of something being left over and causing infection :( I haven't ever dealt with this before so I'm just not sure what to expect. *sigh*

AmandaN1

Asked by AmandaN1 at 12:19 PM on Dec. 1, 2012 in Health

• Sorry to hear about your loss.

This happened to me and it sounds like nature is doing exactly what is necessary.

triplets2007

Answer by triplets2007 at 12:22 PM on Dec. 1, 2012

• It takes a few days for everything to come out.. Mine was on and off with heavy & light stages. Do you feel like there is some sort of infection going on already? See your doc if you're in pain.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 12:24 PM on Dec. 1, 2012

• No extreme pain. I've been nauseated since last night and cramping. But I'm guessing that's part of all this. IDK. Definitely no fever though.
    AmandaN1

Comment by AmandaN1 (original poster) at 12:32 PM on Dec. 1, 2012

• I'm so sorry you're going through this. It sounds normal to me, but definitely call your doc if you develop fever or bad pain. Hugs, baby doll!
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 2:15 PM on Dec. 1, 2012

• Your body has it's own way of taking care of this. Not to worry since it was very early on. I have gone through the same thing multiple times. I doubt you will have any problems. Just watch & see if in the next few months you bleed when it's not time for your period then you might need a D&C but it's doubtful. So sorry for your loss :(
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:53 PM on Dec. 1, 2012

• Thanks ladies. The not bad cramps turned pretty rough yesterday after decorating the house, which meant I was up and down stairs. Still pretty crampy today. Just ready to be done with. Thanks for all the support.
    AmandaN1

Comment by AmandaN1 (original poster) at 11:50 AM on Dec. 2, 2012

• First off I want to say that I am very sorry for your loss. I've lost 2. I know how much it hurts.

Your body is doing exactly what it is supposed to do. Sounds like it's going just right. I am odd when I have miscarriages. I usually loose TONS of blood and TONS large clots as big as my fist, so I normally have to go to the ER and have a D&C done.

You sound normal, that's good. Hope you recover well and I'll keep you in my prayers.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 2:26 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• hugsI am so sorry for your loss

Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 2:37 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• im sorry hun, i been through that twice,i had d&c the first time, the second time it happened at home and i bled alot for a couple of weeks, my period came back on its own, i went to gyn for checkup and everything was ok, and its gonna be ok for you, i pray for you to have a fast recovery
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 5:23 AM on Dec. 5, 2012

• I am SO Sorry for your loss!!! I have had 3 miscarriages. Only 1 D/C...sound like your body is taking care of things. If you get a fever or anything contact your doctor.
    God Bless You!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 6:14 AM on Dec. 5, 2012