Was I in the wrong?

Ok so my 19 yr old brother cheated on his baby mother with a 16 yr old and when she found out she dumped him. My brother works 45 hrs a week and makes 10.50 an hr and lives with my dad only paying my dad 50 a month plus 10 in gas for a ride back and forth everyday with dad like 45 miles each way. Well my dad is letting my brother live easy just so he can send his 10 month old dd 500 a month to pay child support and still be able to buy his personal things and work tools yet my brother is always saying he is broke and it's my dads fault. Well come to find out my ex sil sent me the western union copy's of how much she's picking up from when he wires the money and the past three only show he's sending her 175.00 a month instead of 500 my dad thinks he'd sending her. So to help out my niece and friend I sent her 200 this month and last and didn't tell my brother. Instead I didn't say anything to Jim when she told him she couldn't afford everything alone if he don't step up because she gets no assistance no insurance and is waiting on child support legal way to kick in effect.so was I wrong to let my brother fork up more money to her knowing that she has the most important thing or should I make sure she gets only what he offers up plus the 200 a month from me or do I stop the money from me and just leave her with what he sends? Her rent is 450 a month plus elec 60 a month plus diapers and wipes and food for baby and she makes 435 an hr as a part time waitress.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Dec. 1, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• mail it to her, gift cards etc to specific places
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 4:34 PM on Dec. 1, 2012

• Sounds like your brother is an ass. You did help her out, but you can't do it forever, you need to talk with your brother AND dad about what has been going on.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 10:44 PM on Dec. 1, 2012

• why havent you talked to your brother about this as to why he isnt sending the 500
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 2:47 AM on Dec. 2, 2012

• First thing I would be doing is finding out why your brother isn't taking his responsibility seriously. He is the one who had the fun to help create your niece, so he is the one tht needs to step up and help provide for the child he helped make. I think it is wonderful that you helped your ex-sil out like that, but she can't expect you to do it all the time. I am sure you have kids of your own and you need to think of them. I would also be reminding him that he is lucky to not be in jail at this moment, since him having sex with a 16 year old at his age is considered stautory rape (or the equivalent) in most states. If all else fails, you could bring it up to your dad and let himfigure out the best way to "motivte" your brother into paying for his child.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 4:21 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• no
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 9:26 AM on Mar. 12, 2014