Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Was I in the wrong?

Ok so my 19 yr old brother cheated on his baby mother with a 16 yr old and when she found out she dumped him. My brother works 45 hrs a week and makes 10.50 an hr and lives with my dad only paying my dad 50 a month plus 10 in gas for a ride back and forth everyday with dad like 45 miles each way. Well my dad is letting my brother live easy just so he can send his 10 month old dd 500 a month to pay child support and still be able to buy his personal things and work tools yet my brother is always saying he is broke and it's my dads fault. Well come to find out my ex sil sent me the western union copy's of how much she's picking up from when he wires the money and the past three only show he's sending her 175.00 a month instead of 500 my dad thinks he'd sending her. So to help out my niece and friend I sent her 200 this month and last and didn't tell my brother. Instead I didn't say anything to Jim when she told him she couldn't afford everything alone if he don't step up because she gets no assistance no insurance and is waiting on child support legal way to kick in was I wrong to let my brother fork up more money to her knowing that she has the most important thing or should I make sure she gets only what he offers up plus the 200 a month from me or do I stop the money from me and just leave her with what he sends? Her rent is 450 a month plus elec 60 a month plus diapers and wipes and food for baby and she makes 435 an hr as a part time waitress.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Dec. 1, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

Answers (15)
  • i think you did something wonderful and your brother is a major dick

    Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:07 PM on Dec. 1, 2012

  • BTW I think you should STOP sending her money and only help when she really needs it

    Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:08 PM on Dec. 1, 2012

  • You shouldn't have to support your niece. Her mother should go through the courts and get child support established. That way they can garnish his wages and she can get what she's supposed to be getting with no questions.

    Answer by missanc at 2:10 PM on Dec. 1, 2012

  • Shed waiting for them to do their job she applied last month

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:13 PM on Dec. 1, 2012

  • why doesn't she get any assistance? - I would think she should qualify for something...

    What you did is wonderful, but you shouldn't have to step up and do it-THAT should be your brother!

    Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:14 PM on Dec. 1, 2012

  • What a selfish prick! I think you did the mature, adult thing which is something he hasn't grasped yet. Being an adult.

    Answer by uwmilf at 2:44 PM on Dec. 1, 2012

  • Stop sendig her money. If you want to do something. Tell your dad he is not sending all the 500 he thinks he is sending.

    Answer by louise2 at 2:49 PM on Dec. 1, 2012

  • HE needs to man up and pay it not them. IF you feel you NEED to help then send it in the form of groceries or clothing for the little one, diapers , foods she would eat, coats etc. It is up to the mom to make things happen as far as affording rent, utilities etc. She would have to do it no matter what so she needs to figure that out period. She cant count on others to do this for her. I have been there, I get that she NEEDS help but if people keep giving to her with out expecting repayment she will just expect it. And she sould consider a job change if that is all she is making.

    Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 3:08 PM on Dec. 1, 2012

  • I can't buy things for her bcz I live in ia I'm mamide02ninas... I can't get it un anoned and she is is Missouri 4 hrs away from my dad

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:24 PM on Dec. 1, 2012

  • send her a gift card or do site to store things

    Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:44 PM on Dec. 1, 2012

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.