Have you ever hired a maid to clean your house?

Just once? I am looking into it. Yes I'm about to bitch because I'm sick of picking up after my sloppy husband! I feel like I'm constantly doing it!

uwmilf

Asked by uwmilf at 2:38 PM on Dec. 1, 2012 in Home & Garden

• I didn't have good luck with Merry Maids. Three or four of them would sweep in like a tornado and make me feel like I was in the way at my own house, then bang around for a half an hour and sweep back out. The cleaning was okay, but several times I found things later that had been broken and I wasn't informed, so then I couldn't prove anything. After I had my baby, I was given a gift of a few months of cleaning by a private person, and I've been paying her ever since. It was once a week, now I've cut back to once or twice a month to save money, but I figure it economically. I could clean my own house, but it would take me a few hours a week. I actually save money by working during those hours because I make more than I pay the woman who helps me. Plus, she's been a good friend and an occasional babysitter. Treat yourself if you can afford it. Even once every few months, deep cleaning or dusting, is worth the money.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:47 AM on Dec. 2, 2012

• Yes. I still have plenty to do, but I look forward to my "week off" when I don't have to pay as much attention to the kitchen or bathrooms! Quite a few of my friends have the same thing, which is how I found the lady that cleans mine.

Answer by missanc at 7:30 PM on Dec. 1, 2012

• no- but I cleaned other houses *worked for Merry Maids...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:41 PM on Dec. 1, 2012

• No.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:46 PM on Dec. 1, 2012

• Nope, but I would in a heartbeat if I could afford it.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 3:22 PM on Dec. 1, 2012

• Yes. I may do it again. I would like to hire one to help me clean the whole house about 4 times a year.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 9:14 PM on Dec. 1, 2012

• I'm glad you said no just to get your two points.
    uwmilf

Comment by uwmilf (original poster) at 3:15 PM on Dec. 1, 2012

• Yes, for a few years then hubby decided he could do it better, so I agreed and he has been cleaning ever since!

Answer by older at 3:30 PM on Dec. 1, 2012

• No, I can clean myself why waste money.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 3:55 PM on Dec. 1, 2012

• Yes. Now I have a lady who comes every other week and deep cleans the kitchen and bathrooms. It's a gift from my dh to give me a break.

Answer by missanc at 4:18 PM on Dec. 1, 2012