Sudden Rash HELP **UPDATED** Updated Again**Final Update**

My 5 year old son was playing in his room about 5 pm. He comes out to the living room and I notice a rash. I thought mabey he was allergic or had gotten into something so I gave him a bath hoping it would go away. It is still there and I can't get him to his ped until Monday and I refuse to take him to the ER unless I have to because our ER doctors are idiots and don't know what they are doing. I know the picture isn't very good but its the best I can get right now

Update: When he woke up this morning, rash was still there, temp was up to 100.3, and the rash is worse.

Update 2: Took him to the ER and it was a waste of time. The idiot Dr looked at it didn't check anything and said "I'm not sure what this is just take him to his ped tommorow." 

Update 3: Took him to his ped and it is fifth disease. Since he isn't fevered he isn't contagious and doesn't need any meds. I wanna say thanks to all of you who tried to help.

XandersMomma07

Asked by XandersMomma07 at 7:50 PM on Dec. 1, 2012 in Health

• does he have a fever? have you given benadryl?? does he have any allergies? What has he eaten today? Do you have pets?
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:53 PM on Dec. 1, 2012

• We have cats and dogs and he was at 99.3 at last check. It is all over his body arms legs face chest back he has seasonal allergies in the summer but other than that nothing. He hasn't eaten anything different. I haven't changed soaps or anything like that.
    XandersMomma07

Comment by XandersMomma07 (original poster) at 7:57 PM on Dec. 1, 2012

• Does the rash disappear if you push on it?
    looks like an allergic reaction

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:05 PM on Dec. 1, 2012

• I though allergic reaction too but couldn't figure out what it could be because nothing has been changed and he hasn't ate or drank anything new. His skin turns white when pressed but it just comes right back.
    XandersMomma07

Comment by XandersMomma07 (original poster) at 8:15 PM on Dec. 1, 2012

• Have you tried benadrly?? Try that. You can also call your doc... they should have a service and an on call doc or nurse should call you back!! Here are some sites with some good information for you.... 

http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/skin-care/rashes

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/skin_rashes_in_children/article_em.htm

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:18 PM on Dec. 1, 2012

You can have an allergic reaction at any time... a different combo everyday items can trigger them... or immune system is off that day... it happens sometimes...
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:21 PM on Dec. 1, 2012

• Benadryl would be a good start. As long he isn't having trouble breathing otherwise, go to the ER.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 8:22 PM on Dec. 1, 2012

• Thanks Crafty26 for the links. I don't have any benadryl and no way to get any as my car is broken down until Monday and I live in a very rural community and the peds office says to go to the ER in case of something after hours.
    XandersMomma07

Comment by XandersMomma07 (original poster) at 8:23 PM on Dec. 1, 2012

• well then you might just have to go to the ER to get him some Benadryl... or can you have someone bring you some??
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:37 PM on Dec. 1, 2012

• When either I or the kids get a mysterious rash, after taking an antihistamine (benadryl) the docs also tell us to use hydro cortisone. you can get it OTC

And it could be anything. I recently suffered an allergic reaction of my scalp, palms and soles because of my shampoo.
    Oatmeal baths or baking soda may also offer some relief. And that pink stuff used for chicken pox.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:47 PM on Dec. 1, 2012