Something seems really wrong with my dog?

I have a six year old cockapoo. He's staring in to space, whining every so often, yelping every so often, won't really come, and just lays there.. Any ideas what could be wrong? About how much is a vet visit?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Dec. 1, 2012 in Pets

• Have you petted him at all? Or picked him up and he seem to be in any pain? Have you moved him to a different area, and then has he went to the same spot?
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 10:46 PM on Dec. 1, 2012

• Yeah he kinda keeps going back to the same spot. And he normally follows me upstairs and he didn't. I pet him, but he seemed to just ignore me..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:57 PM on Dec. 1, 2012

• He lets you pet him, good.

Is he walking funny? Eating normally? Checked his paws for debris? Checked his mouth and the rest of his body? If nothing seems out of the ordinary I would recommend a vet.

If that is out of the question but you still want the advice of an expert try just answer. I used them before. You will need to pay a fee though, but it isn't hidden and you have a choice of whether or not to accept the advice and pay or reject it and not pay.

Good luck
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 11:37 PM on Dec. 1, 2012

• Our vet isn't open until Monday morning.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:40 PM on Dec. 1, 2012

• He's looking at a ghost. I shit you not.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:29 AM on Dec. 2, 2012

• Do you have a Petsmart nearby? The vet clinics there usually have weekend hours, and they can check for many minor problems and refer you to other places if more treatment is needed.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:51 AM on Dec. 2, 2012

• I was thinking the same thing as PartyGalAnne OP. A little out of the box yes, but cat was doing the same thing when I lived in New Orleans. Sometimes ther cat would just walk by, other times the cat would stop, stare, and hiss and growl, then she would stop and start purring. Then you know how cats will raise their butt in the air if you pet them at the base of the tail? That was what my cat was doing. I find out a lady died there a couple hundred years ago. I thought for sure someone would call me a nut job, and run screaming in the opposite direction when I asked some folks.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:15 AM on Dec. 2, 2012