Do you ever feel like you've lost yourself?

so i've been a stay at home mom for a few years now.. and i went to school last year and i graduated and then i went back to being a stay at home mom, i went back to school working on my bachelors.. but i only go on tuesdays so thats the only time i come in contact with other adults.. other than the husband.. sooooooooooooooooooooooo

for the past week or so.. my patients has been short.. i've been yelling a lot and i feel like i dont know who i am.. i'm a mom and a student.. but who am i??

do any of you ever feel this way??

mampanda0422

Asked by mampanda0422 at 12:10 AM on Dec. 2, 2012 in General Parenting

• Oh yes! Been there before!

Have you thought about getting a part time job. It does help with your self esteem.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:13 AM on Dec. 2, 2012

• well i've been searching.. but i guess i want it now!! Lol.. and waiting is hard for me..

so i have been applying ive been out of the job world so long i dont know how it works anymore!
    mampanda0422

Comment by mampanda0422 (original poster) at 12:15 AM on Dec. 2, 2012

• I feel that way often. Do you have any creative outlets?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:17 AM on Dec. 2, 2012

• I was out of the work force for 20 years and going back was crazy and the best thing I've ever done for myself and our marriage.

PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:18 AM on Dec. 2, 2012

• how about a book club? Something like that where you do interact with other moms?
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 12:18 AM on Dec. 2, 2012

• creative outlets? like reading? thats as creative as i get..

and wow 20 years!!! yeah its been since 09 since i worked..

well i had a job at start of the year.. and i ruined that.. cause i thought i wanted to be home.. i missed my kids! :/ and that was my mistake.. i dont know what what i want!
    mampanda0422

Comment by mampanda0422 (original poster) at 12:20 AM on Dec. 2, 2012

• Mommy and me classes are a good thing too, even though you ahve have little one with you - you meet and then can have play dates etc so you have more adult interaction.

GL momma, I know its hard sometimes.
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 12:20 AM on Dec. 2, 2012

• i have hard time connecting with other moms.. my son is in first grade and i talk to one mom and it took me all of kindergarten to make a connection with her..
    mampanda0422

Comment by mampanda0422 (original poster) at 12:21 AM on Dec. 2, 2012

• Definitely have felt that way from time to time but I have to stop myself from thinking like that and remind myself how cool life is. Even the smallest, day-to-day stuff is a miracle if you think about it. Instead of searching for happiness outside of what you currently have, start to create even more happiness in your home. Do even more with your kids...crafts, playdates, walks, playgrounds, book reading, movie watching...do even more with your husband...more dates, or find a hobby you two can do together. Find a difficult recipe and make it, and feel proud of yourself by the success of it.

Going to school and finding a job is awesome, but in the mean time, don't begin to get down about that hole you feel inside you, instead, begin to fill it with what you have available to you now--the love you have for your family. Each day, strive to be a better you :)

Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 12:23 AM on Dec. 2, 2012

• my kids are 5 and 6.. they are in school all day long i am home alone by myself all day!! mon-friday i do hw during the day.. and i read.. and i try to stay busy.. friday and sat i do alot of activities with the children.. my husband is off sundays and mondays.. and we try to do things while the kids are school.. i just dont know what to do!!
    mampanda0422

Comment by mampanda0422 (original poster) at 12:32 AM on Dec. 2, 2012