Angry Birds Star Wars games

I'm considering the Angry Birds Star Wars Fighter Pods Jenga Death Star Game (say that three times fast) as a Christmas gift for my stepson. He's crazy about Star Wars, he likes launching stuff and knocking over towers, and he thinks Angry Birds are cool. But the reviews on retail sites have been mixed. Do any of you own this game? What do you think of it? It's in my price range, but I'd rather spend my money on something else if the game isn't going to be awesome.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 1:24 AM on Dec. 2, 2012 in Shopping

• Has he played the phone version? I play the phone versions of all the Angry Birds games, and occasionally let my kids. I find that for us, the "low-tech" versions just aren't any fun by comparison.

I would take a look at the reviews for the other versions of the "low-tech" Angry Birds games. If they all tend to have those same lackluster reviews, then I'd probably skip it. Also, it depends on why the reviews are bad. You have to consider your stepson's personality, and whether he would tend to think the same way or not.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:14 AM on Dec. 2, 2012

• WE got our son that as well. I have not read the reveiws but just looking at the included items- I know that even if my son doesn't play the game 'right' he will be setting up his own versions of the game. He likes to take toys and try to create 'real life' versions of games. Has you son played the angry birds star wars game on the phone?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:47 AM on Dec. 2, 2012

• We got this for my son's for christmas and we didn't read the reviews because my son usually makes up his own rules for the angry birds game and he has other ones. He loves angry birds and has all the game they made for the ipad download.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 3:04 PM on Dec. 3, 2012