swaddling

for those who swaddle at bedtime when did you stop doing it and how?? i am nervous he is not going to sleep good but he keeps breaking out of his blanket

Mgirly84

Asked by Mgirly84 at 7:23 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i think when they break free they are done. thats what i did with my 1st. i guess try without it if it doesnt work get a bigger blanket and make your own

marissad

Answer by marissad at 7:27 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I stopped when my son could get his arms out. I'm not sure how old he was though ... maybe 3-4 months.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 7:28 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• In a book I read called the happiest baby, they said until 3 three months so Thats what I did.
    MsMESSx2

Answer by MsMESSx2 at 7:31 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• if he can get his arms out you can always try to swadle him with his arms already out. mine was able to break free from square 1!
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 7:38 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• My son hated being swaddled so I never did. Some babies just don't like it. If your baby can break out I'd say stop.
    DessaG20

Answer by DessaG20 at 7:46 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• If he keeps popping out of his blanket, maybe he wants to be set free! :) My Bella liked it for a while, but then didn't after about 3 weeks. Of course, we can't swaddle half as nicely as the nurses and doctors do it :)
    lilmizzie27

Answer by lilmizzie27 at 7:56 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Funny thing is I asked that very same question on here a couple of months ago. What I did is I still swaddled her even though she got out of it. Slowly but surely he will be completely free of it a couple nights then you can stop it. I thought it was gonna be hard but she did rather well. I now put her in jiust a sleeper and if it is cold outside I also put her in a sleep sack to keep her warm.
    melk819

Answer by melk819 at 8:03 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• There is a product designed exactly for what you need called the Magic Sleepsuit. Its designed for babies who are transitioning out of swaddling, yet still need that contained and cozy feeling of swaddling. It has lots of great features and benefits. Google it and check it out
    Anonymous

• We still swaddle my 6 month old at bed time but he wiggles free at some point in the night. He stays asleep but won't GO to sleep unless he's swaddled!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 9:57 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• we swaddle my 9 months baby n he wiggles out n i do it again n just rock him to sleep and once hes asleep i lay him in bed and wont wake up till the next morning
    mrz.castillo

Answer by mrz.castillo at 4:57 AM on Feb. 12, 2009