What is the difference between the almighty father and his son jesus

faraci.c

Asked by faraci.c at 6:11 AM on Dec. 2, 2012 in Religious Debate

• Say,"He is ALLAH, the one and unique. ALLAH, Who is in need of none and of Whom all are in need. he neither begot any nor was He begotten and none is comparable to Him.
    The people said, "How shall we talk to him, who is but an infant in the cradle. Whereupon the child spoke out, " I am a servant of ALLAH . He has given me the Book and He has appointed me a Prophet, and He has made me blessed wherever I may be. He has enjoined upon me to offer Salat and give Zakat so long as i shall live. He has made me dutiful to my mother and He has not made me oppressive and hard -hearted. Peace be upon me and on the day I was born and peace shall be on me on the day I die and on the day I am raised to life.
    This is Jesus, The son of Mary and this is the truth about him concerning which they are in doubt. It does not behove ALLAH to begot a son for He is far above this. When He decrees a thing, He only says "Be'" and it comes into being.
    kity-bity

Answer by kity-bity at 10:17 AM on Dec. 4, 2012

• one has experienced human form? or is this a joke/riddle...whats the punchline?
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 5:54 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• lol at witchqueen!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:28 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• Both are imaginary!! I win! I win!!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 6:11 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• One is the father the other is the son
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 2:55 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• One is completely made up while the other has the possibility of having existed as a philosopher and martyr of his day. (Though not a miracle worker. Just a really influential carpenter)

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:22 AM on Dec. 2, 2012

• Nothing... they're one and the same.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:13 AM on Dec. 2, 2012

• I believe in the Trinity.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 9:41 AM on Dec. 2, 2012

• The differences just depend on what one believes about Jesus and/in comparison to what they believe about God.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:58 AM on Dec. 2, 2012

• It depends on who you ask. Christians who believe in the Trinity would say that Jesus IS God, Christians who are non-Trinitarian (like myself) would say that he is not God and that he ranges anywhere from teacher, prophet, to Son of God. Those of others faiths have different opinions on him as well, also ranging from teacher to prophet to Messiah to false prophet, etc, etc. Some people may believe there was no historical Jesus but that there is a God, or may believe that there was a historical person on which the Jesus tradition was founded, but don't believe in God, etc, etc.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:57 AM on Dec. 2, 2012