Local gym or ymca?

I want to start working out again and the cost is about the same the local gym is less monthly but they both have child care and the ymca has the programs and the pool. but I just need the best place for my fitness goals. thanks.

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 8:26 AM on Dec. 2, 2012 in Diet & Fitness

• It may boil down to which place would you be more inclined to stay with. Does one appeal more visually, or crowds? It looks as though the Y has more opportunity for other kinds of exercise so you won't get bored- the pool especially.

Answer by Bmat at 8:58 AM on Dec. 2, 2012

• Choose the one that makes the most sense to be a seamless part of your life, that is near other errands, etc. Because you want to eliminate excuses for not going, trust me!!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:29 AM on Dec. 2, 2012

• which one has more things you are interested in? Go with that...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:21 AM on Dec. 2, 2012

• I'm going to take a tour of both of them some time this week. I can't really commit until after my next paycheck.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 6:06 PM on Dec. 2, 2012