Why do my arms/hands get tingly and fall asleep ESPECIALLY at night when I'm sleeping?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Dec. 2, 2012 in Health

• You must be laying in a way that the nerves are pinched off. Are you laying with your arms over your head?
    you may have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:05 AM on Dec. 2, 2012

• My aunt has severe carpal tunnel, as does my mom, and the tingly arms/hands while sleeping is their number 1 complaint about it.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 10:06 AM on Dec. 2, 2012

• Carpal tunnel, try some wrist braces that you can get in the drugstore to sleep in, and speak to your doctor.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:21 AM on Dec. 2, 2012

• That happens to me all the time. I dont why. It even happens when im just sitting.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 10:22 AM on Dec. 2, 2012

• How old are you and what type of other medications are you taking? Did you previously hurt your back in any way? The reason why I ask the age and medications is because I found out some of the hormones, steriods, etc, have been known to cause tingling and feeling as though your arm, leg or foot is falling asleep. I stopped my Singulair and went off HRT and it completely went away....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:51 AM on Dec. 2, 2012

• so many possibilities... Carpel Tunnel Syndrome, Cubital Tunnel Syndrome, medications, over weight, nerve being occluded form the cervical region, Thoracic Outlet Syndrome... just to name a few. See your doc for a proper eval!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• I work in vascular and it can be something with your arterial system. I would speak with your doctor about it and they might send you to a specialist.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 1:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• you are sleeping on them probably are you a tummy sleeper and have your hands/arms underneath your pillow...same thing happens to me, try real hard to not sleep that way if ya do.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 2:13 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• That is a classic symptom of carpal tunnel syndrome.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 5:37 AM on Dec. 3, 2012

• it depends on how you sleeping, some positions cut off circulation
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 4:44 AM on Dec. 5, 2012