Has anyone ever had one of the Capital One Secured Credit Cards?

Was it an okay card? I am thinking about trying to get one to try to rebuild mr credit. I have made some bad decisions in the past and trying to get back on track and get things in order. I thought that getting a secured card , making small purchases on it and paying it right off, might look good but i dont know. there are so many scams going on now days.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Dec. 2, 2012 in Money & Work

• Capital One sucks! So does Discover, Chase, US. Bank & Bank of America. Pretty much most of the bigger banks. I'd try to get one thru your local credit union. Less fees & better customer service.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:05 AM on Dec. 2, 2012

• thanks, we dont have a credit union here. and the closest ones we done meet the qualifications to join. we dont live, work or worhsip in the areas they require.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:07 AM on Dec. 2, 2012

• Capital One and B Of A both rate low on my list. I paid them both off and cut up my cards. Never will I do business with them again.

I now have a Chase card and use it for traveling only, I've had great luck with them.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:45 AM on Dec. 2, 2012

• My daughter was inquiring as to the same thing. I agree with PMS though. Does your local bank have a secured card you could start with? Also, if you go in and talk to them, they may have some good suggestions for you.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:12 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• I did and I'm happy with them. I expected the interest to be high and they charge a fee but like you, it was my way to rebuild my credit history. They increased my credit limit when I proved myself and other banks with smaller interest rates made me offers. I don't have a problem with Capital One.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:39 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• I had one. It's a way to rebuild credit.
    BeachMommy07

Answer by BeachMommy07 at 1:18 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• Nope
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 1:10 PM on Dec. 8, 2012