Changing table???

IS IT A MUST HAVE???

TashaMarie349

Asked by TashaMarie349 at 7:24 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Nope.

Bed, floor (safest..they can't fall off the floor!), couch......
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:24 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• For me it was....other people get by without them.

Its what you get use to using.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:24 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I thought so because it was my first and I thought I needed everything, however I never used it once other then to store stuff on like lotions, powder, diapers and wipes.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 7:25 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• i was told no... & my niece doesnt even fit on hers anymore and hasnt since she was 6 months old.... and it was an expensive changing table... Its all for show and to fill up the room in my opinion...
    You could get shelves or a dresser for storage....
    But i got a pack and play with a built in changing table that you can take on and off...
    I think its better & cheaper....

Its up to you though.
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 7:26 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I always had one, but only used it when I first came home from the hospital when it was hard to bend over. I don't think it's a must, but sometimes nice to have early on.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 7:26 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I don't think it's a must have. You could easily change your baby in the crib, bassinet, or on your own bed. Floors work well too. With that said, I have a changing table and love it. It has two shelves under the changing area where I can store extra diapers, burp cloths, blankets, extra pad covers, and other misc. items. You can easily ask for one on your registry.

ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 7:27 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• i had one and i didnt use it so i dont think its worth it i always just used the floor or bed or couch
    mamad86

Answer by mamad86 at 7:30 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• i use mine with every diaper change so for me yes BUT my house is all one floor so i dont have to go upstairs to use if i did i prob wouldnt lol
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 7:38 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• no. ours was never used as a changing table, and right now aside from being a shelf for random things, it is a cumbersome eyesore. after i came home from the hospital, i had to rest a lot and standing was not comfortable, so i just got used to changing her on the couch or the floor. i used waterproof pads and cloth pre-fold diapers under her.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 8:07 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• nope- i had one and i used it to put stuffed animals on it lol- but i was recovering from a csection so it wasnt too comfortable for me to stand there changing the baby- so i got used to putting a changing pad on my bed to change him
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 8:10 PM on Feb. 11, 2009