What age is appropriate for a Ken doll ?

If your daughter is into barbies, when did you add ken into the mix? As a child I can't remember how old I was but I know I had male and female barbies

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 11:17 AM on Dec. 2, 2012 in General Parenting

• I always had both but I also had GI Joe's too. :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 11:18 AM on Dec. 2, 2012

• The same time as barbies/other dolls?

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:19 AM on Dec. 2, 2012

• Idk... my girls never got into barbies unless it was to take their heads off, roll them in mud, and play zombie barbie head wars (grandma finally stopped buying barbies for xmas).

I remember when I was about 5 or 6 my friend had all kinds of barbies as well as Ken and GI Joe.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:21 AM on Dec. 2, 2012

• It hink ken was always in the Mix, but so was GI Joe. GI Joe was cool. Ken was a jealous pansy that would kidnap Barbie and tie her up in the closet. GI Joe would kick his ass.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:23 AM on Dec. 2, 2012

• I know I had both but, I can't remember what age. My 6 yr old has yet to ask for a Ken. Though last year she got a Finn/Rapunzel (Barbie) set as a Christmas gift for a family member & some how managed to break Finn's leg so, he's an amputee now. Oh, and she cut Rapunzel's hair short.

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 11:23 AM on Dec. 2, 2012

• Mine is 4 and she has several kens. What is your actual concern with it?
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 11:26 AM on Dec. 2, 2012

• As for my kids, well tehy just got all my old Barbies handed down to them so Ken and Joe have both always been in the mix
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:26 AM on Dec. 2, 2012

• Hahahah these answers are great :) my six year old has yet to ask either so that's why she doesn't have one. No concerns with it just wondering when others added the male figure in lol did you wait til they asked or just purchased both together?
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 11:28 AM on Dec. 2, 2012

• oh, thought maybe you were worried about the boy girl play with them. We have a rule that they all have clothes on all the time (clothes can be changed but no "nekid" Ken and Barbies :P
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 11:32 AM on Dec. 2, 2012

• LOL ^^^ See my girls dolls are naked about 90% of the time. So, I guess it's good there are no men around.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 11:37 AM on Dec. 2, 2012