How is this possible???

My dd has blue eyes while my dh and I are both Mexican? He's 100% and I'm 1/2 Mex and we both have brown eyes mine are light and his very dark and rich chocolate brown. Neither of us have blue eyes and he kids flipped which I understand bc he thought I cheated on him but we just got a pro DNA test done and she's his like I said I have never cheated on him but he was hurt bc her eyes are blue. Is there any logical reasoning why? No one in our families has blue eyes either side. She's 10 months old so I doubt they will change.

mamide02ninas

Asked by mamide02ninas at 12:03 PM on Dec. 2, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it can work that way
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 9:25 AM on Mar. 12, 2014

• That chart is not complete - my husband has brown eyes, I have blue and one of our daughters has green which, according to the chart, is impossible :)
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 4:34 AM on Dec. 3, 2012

• You may have to go back multiple generations. My husband has hazel eyes, I have brown eyes, our son's eyes are blue-green.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:42 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• They will probably change. Most babies are born with blue eyes.

That's exactly what I was going to say!!!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:28 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:00 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• My granddaughter has blue eyes... her parents both have brown. My cousin has blue eyes and she is in an Italian family...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:45 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 12:43 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• He didn't ask for it I offered it up to give him some comfort bc he's my husband and I would hate to always have that doubt and keep it in
    mamide02ninas

Comment by mamide02ninas (original poster) at 12:15 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• They could still change as well. My son's stayed blue till he turned 1 and then turned grey. They didn't turn brown till he was 2.5. Even if you haven't seen anyone with blue eyes in your family you both have the recessive trait for it.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 12:12 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• Man, I have to say, I'd be incredibly insulted and offended to have to get a DNA test just because of blue eyes, especially if I was half white.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 12:12 PM on Dec. 2, 2012