How is this possible???

My dd has blue eyes while my dh and I are both Mexican? He's 100% and I'm 1/2 Mex and we both have brown eyes mine are light and his very dark and rich chocolate brown. Neither of us have blue eyes and he kids flipped which I understand bc he thought I cheated on him but we just got a pro DNA test done and she's his like I said I have never cheated on him but he was hurt bc her eyes are blue. Is there any logical reasoning why? No one in our families has blue eyes either side. She's 10 months old so I doubt they will change.

mamide02ninas

Asked by mamide02ninas at 12:03 PM on Dec. 2, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Man, I have to say, I'd be incredibly insulted and offended to have to get a DNA test just because of blue eyes, especially if I was half white.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 12:12 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• You said that you were 1/2 Hispanic. What is the other half of your ethnicity? It is probably a recessive gene from the other half of your family. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:07 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 12:43 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• 1) You have more than one gene that contributes to eye color (In fact there are 3 that are kown). Even though everyone has brown eyes they could have blue or green recessive genes.
    2) Both you and hubby contributed recessive genes to produce a blue eyed baby
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:11 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• They could still change as well. My son's stayed blue till he turned 1 and then turned grey. They didn't turn brown till he was 2.5. Even if you haven't seen anyone with blue eyes in your family you both have the recessive trait for it.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 12:12 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• Blue eyes are recessive but not impossible. It's not at all unusual to have a blue eyed baby eventually. Someone back in your history had blue eyes and the gene is now active in your daughter.

There was, many years ago, a huge influx of fair skinned folks who immigrated to central Mexico. I had a boyfriend in high school who parents were both clearly Hispanic and he had darker skin, but green eyes.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 12:07 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 12:08 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• My granddaughter has blue eyes... her parents both have brown. My cousin has blue eyes and she is in an Italian family...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:45 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• They will probably change. Most babies are born with blue eyes.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:00 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

That's exactly what I was going to say!!!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:28 PM on Dec. 2, 2012