What is the stimulus bill in English?

I do not follow politics, and I don't understand "left wing" "right wing" terms (or any others for that matter). Can someone tell me in English what the passing of this stimulus bill means? Please, no fighting and bashing others for their opinions. I just want to know what it means.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It's for whiney babies that think they need money. Everyone wants a handout.
    Anonymous

• As much as I'd like to tell you exactly what is in the stimulus bill it is way to complicated and confusing. The thing is hundreds of pages long.
    In a nutshell it's the Democratic wish list of everything they have ever wanted to do for their constituants and to bring the US closer to socialism. They say there are a few tax cuts too but I haven't found them. This is supposed to help Americans get jobs and make them spend money but their idea of stimulus just denies all logic
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:31 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• It is 600 pages of some crap that our Senators should look over go line by line but won't because they are being preasured to pass it despite what might be hidden amongst the good.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 7:44 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• My Senators are hiding behind the jobs portion of the bill and eluding any questions about anything other than the jobs promises and we need this rhetoric. Oh it will pass and there will be fall out from this bomb make no mistake about it, because there is no reason what so ever this should be jammed down our Senators throats without hearings and line by line scrutiny.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 7:47 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• yep.. a bunch of crap... to try to look like he is doing something, that wont work...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 7:50 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• It means bend over you about to be f-ed hard.
    Anonymous

• Got some vaseline????????
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 7:57 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I will pick some up at Target while I still have money to shop there.
    Anonymous

• pick up your local newspaper or start reading home pages of msn, aol,or yahoo news. start reading and educating yourself, you'll get it about 4 weeks from now. the lingo will start making sense, and go to some politico.com type websites and learn about your country.
    Anonymous

• This is the OP. Thanks for the genuine answers. I really didn't need all the sarcastic answers though. And to Anon 5:59, I have tried reading about political stuff. I am educated. I have a BA in fact. Politics just confuse me. Even smart people don't understand everything.
    Anonymous