Diarrhea

I have a 7 month old that for the past 3 days now has had diarrhea. He is drinking some formula, but is hardly eating any baby food or cereal at all right now. Getting him to drink the formula is tough because he doesn't seem to have much of an appetite at all. Aside from that, he is acting normally as far as playing, laughing, etc and hasn't had any fever that I know of. I don't know whether or not the diarrhea is severe - but it is very watery, occurs about 6-7 times per day (especially when eating), and won't stay in the diaper (yucky!) How long should I let this go on before taking him to the doctor? Is there anything I can give him that might help the diarrhea to subside?

Jgreg

Asked by Jgreg at 2:18 PM on Dec. 2, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would classify that as severe. IMO you need to call them and just ask what they want you to do. Mine are older so I can't remember what a 7m is supposed to eat, but I would make sure he is having plenty of wet diapers and eating then first thing in the A.M. call his doc.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 2:24 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• call the dr
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 9:25 AM on Mar. 12, 2014