If someone disagrees with you..

Do you consider it disrespecting you?

Saw this earlier and since Charlotte needs a question, thought I'd ask. :)

PMSMom10

Asked by PMSMom10 at 4:55 PM on Dec. 2, 2012 in Just for Fun

•   WHO DISAGREES WITH ME???

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:00 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• It all depends on how they disagree.

"You're wrong you stupid, ignorant, bitch" will, in fact, bring out the bitch in me.

"Well, *I* learned it this way, and blah blah blah" will make me think. In fact, I had a PM conversation with someone that was rubbing me the wrong way. We both got to explain where we come/came from and that's that. I still don't always agree with her, but I can at least respect her different opinion without being annoyed by her.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:08 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• Of course not. Well, unless they say "No, you're wrong AND you're a poopy head!"
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 4:57 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• Heck no. I don't have a problem with someone who disagrees with me. In fact, it's good for me to challenge my thinking. If someone states the disagreement disrespectfully, that's another issue.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:02 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• Nope. We're all entitled to our opinions. Unless they flat out attack me for my point of view.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 5:02 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• As long as they aren't being a bitch when they disagree, no I don't think it is disrespect.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 6:00 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• I freakin LOVE that cat.

Never fails to amuse.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:03 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• No one disagrees with Grumpy Cat!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 6:11 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• Nah, nobody knows me IRL. They would be "disrespecting" Izsarejman and not me. And you know that's not my real name!

I've never really ran into any disagreements where I am at the cusp of them on here,
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:06 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• I actually like when someone disagrees with me. It may not change my way of thinking, but I appreciate the opportunity to look at something in a different way. Nothing wrong with a good healthy debate.

As long as someone doesn't resort to name calling, and they don't bring someone's kids into the argument, I don't have a problem with it. There are some hot button issues that no matter what you tell me, I'm not going to change my mind on, and that's okay. Telling me my children are disgusting for a particular way I parent definitely will bring the bitch out in me.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:59 PM on Dec. 2, 2012