Overheard at Spencer's

We went in to look for a silly hat for our son(didn't find one)
On our way out,this child,looked about 3,walked over and asked his mom what the thing was hanging up
The mom says,"oh,that's a beer bong. We don't need one. Momma already has a Barbie themed one"
Seriously?? You're discussing this with your preschooler?!
Imagine what goes on in that household...

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 5:05 PM on Dec. 2, 2012 in Just for Fun

• When my sister was doing her student teaching in an inner city kindergarten, there were three kids in the play kitchen one day, rolling up a real joint while they pretended to eat their breakfast. It was so normal to them, they weren't even trying to hide it. That was just how you played house--pour your pretend cereal and milk and roll one up for the day.

When I lived in a rat hole apartment after I got divorced, I knew the teen mom and her boyfriend in the place next door. One day I was out with my dog, and I heard the mom comforting her little girl, who must have been two or three at the time. The mom said, "Honey, Daddy didn't mean to yell at you. But you have to remember, weed is for big people. The jar on the coffee table isn't for you to touch, okay?"
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:12 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• nice...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:45 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• I have a fully legal, state-issued, doctor-prescribed license for medical marijuana. My preschooler doesn't know about it, but if she asks, I'll tell her it's medicine that keeps my migraines from getting really bad and making me sick. My teenager knows. He asked why I had to get the license, and I told him none of the other remedies doctors had tried over the years would work. I was finally told that neural blocks were no longer effective, and that I could either use a small amount of marijuana to control the pressure in my eyes, or I could get my eyes removed and be fitted with prosthetics. *Shudder!* No thanks. I'm not a stoner, I'm not drugged out and raising kids, I'm just staying out of the constant, debilitating pain that would prevent me from being a good mom. That's how I explained it to my teenager, and he understood. I keep all of my medicines away from where kids can get them, like anyone would.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:48 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• Ugh... Spencer's is fun, but it's hit and miss taking a child in there. You never know what they may ask. Maybe she was just messing around knowing someone was listening.... Sounds like something I might do.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:56 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• Geez kids have no place in that store besides the obviously worrisome home environment for that kid.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:45 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• Spencers just remodeled here. I haven't been in since their remodel.... I used to love to laugh at the cards! LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:27 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• I LOVE Spencers! Yes I've taken my kids into the store. Not sure of the layout in other stores but with mine the stuff in the front is pretty tame...it's the back of the store you want to keep your kids away from. Beer bongs, adult birthday cards, penis candy, etc...

I keep my kids right in the front. Kids are inquisitive, just how it is. I don't know why she would tell her kid that, but that's her and her future problem to worry about.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 7:51 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• Wow that is just cheap and trashy.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 8:30 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• Oh,and for some reason the beer bong had a pot leaf theme on it

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 5:06 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• sickening!

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 5:31 PM on Dec. 2, 2012