can pink eye go away on its own? my son looked like he had it . went away during the day ??

he had a cold the weekend before.

Asked by mrnkirbeey at 7:29 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Yes. if its viral it'll go away on its own but if its bacterial thats when you'll need drops and your eye will be very pink

Answer by kyheavensmom at 8:17 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Most of the meds only treat the yes, your body just has to fight it off. Hope he did get over it quickly. Allergies and dryness can sometimes give similar symptoms too. Hope he doesn't get the gunk!

Answer by MamaDiane at 6:01 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Yes it can and often does especially if it is linked to a cold (which is a virus) not a bacterial infection.

Answer by yakara77 at 7:15 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Yep. The last time my youngest two had it I just let it run it's course. They kept giving back and forth to each other (they were 4 and 9 months) but after a week it was gone.

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:52 PM on Feb. 12, 2009