What was the best gift

You ever got as a child? And what gift are you the most excited to give to someone this year?

As a little girl, I remember going to my aunts house on the train and getting this almost lifesize ballerina doll. The whole trip was almost magical to me....waking up early, train ride thru snowy mountains, this amazing dolll.... I must have been about 4.

This year I bought my dh this silly matching dogtag necklace. Its just a little thing but its going to crack him up Christmas morning and Im looking forward to that! Lol

Nimue930

Asked by Nimue930 at 6:08 PM on Dec. 2, 2012 in Holidays

• I don't really have very good memories of Christmas from my childhood, but I loved it last year when my daughter was old enough to be enchanted by the fact that Santa Claus had truly come to her house. I can't wait for that magic again.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:39 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• The very best gift I ever got was this robot.  I have NO idea why my mother bought it for me; she was very traditional so it was an odd gift but I remember it like it was yesterday.  I must have gotten it in 1966:

Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 6:16 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• I can't wait to give my kids their Mario and Yoshi remote control cars this year.

My favorite Christmas gift from being a child would have to be my Teddy Ruxpin. I was about 7 years old at the time. I have a pic my mom snapped of me hugging him with my eyes closed, and I just look like I'm in complete bliss. It's one of my favorite holiday pics.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:14 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• As a child, I remember being excited about my 1st big girl bike w/ the banana seat & the basket on the front. As an older child, Atari was a pretty awesome gift too. My youngest will love the gift that Santa leaves at Gma's house this year- the Kindle Fire she wants. :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:17 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• My teddy rumpskin..
    and I can't wait to see my sons face in Christmas morning.. my mil too.
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 8:01 AM on Dec. 3, 2012

• I cant remember exactly what my favorite gift was as a child. i just loved waking up with my brothers in our footsie pjs, and running to my parents room to wake them up, and running down the stairs to see all the gifts. We opened them togetyer, and had a grand breakfast. Best memories :)
    I know DD is going to love all the gifts we got for her, and her face is always glowing with excitment. And the way she runs over and says "tell santa I said thank you, mom".
    But I got DH some "Walking Dead" figures, and I am recrreating one of the scenes in a diorama. Lol I cant wait to see his face!!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 3:59 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• I don't know what my favorite gift was. This year I can't wait to give my BFF the first season of Game of Thrones.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 6:21 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• I remember our trees more than the gifts honestly, but there were a couple that I loved- one was the record player and set of disney records when I was 8 or 9, the barbie clothes my mom made for my barbies were always great too

and then when I was 15? My sister and I got a really big race car track that we LOVED. Seriously, we played with that thing SO much! All our friends loved it too
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:37 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• Misses Beasley doll. I loved that doll.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:15 PM on Dec. 4, 2012