Selling something a friend gave me.. Feeling weird about it.

My friend originally had an elliptical machine for sale.. she got impatient after a couple of days then slapped a free sign on it in front of her house.. No one got it, she asked me if I wanted it, I took it home with me. I know, doesn't seem like she gave a shit about it, but it was very expensive and is in very excellent condition.. I can get good money from it.

Should I feel bad for selling it and keeping all the money? Should I give her a share?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Dec. 2, 2012 in Money & Work

• Since she was throwingi it away I would go ahead and sell it and keep the money. Its yours to do what you want with it.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:25 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• I would give her a split of the money. It sounds like she was just fed up with it and didn't want to deal with the hassle of selling it herself. I wouldn't feel right about keeping all of the money, especially if she were to visit and ask me about it.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:27 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• If you are just going to sell it yourself- I'd give her half at least...

I'd feel wierd about doing that though if it were me- I wouldn't take it unless I was planning to keep it-at least for awhile
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:30 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• Once it's your's it's your's. I'm sure she would not begrudge whatever you do with it. I wouldn't feel bad. I gave my grandson an expensive gift. He sold it right in front of me and didn't feel the least built guilty. He needed the money more than the gift. Of course I'm still paying on it but what the heck. Sell it.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:36 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• p.s. No I wouldn't give her any of the money. She was throwing it away! She didn't expect anything from it. If it would make you feel better you could ask her but it seems silly since she threw it out.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:37 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• I'd give her a little of the money if she's willing to take it, but I wouldn't feel bad about selling the exercise machine if you're not going to use it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:44 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• I've had it for about a year. I have no use for it anymore.. Just taking up space.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:32 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• i'd give her half

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:33 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• Give her half.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 1:10 PM on Dec. 8, 2012