Ever had your Christmas tree fall over?

We went and chopped down our own tree yesterday. We got a 10 footer. We put it in the stand right in the middle of the formal LV. Well, I heard a soft crash and sure enough, the entire tree was on the ground. My beautiful glass ornaments that I take such good care of are shattered. The water dumped out onto the carpet & soaked the tree skirt.

Now we have it shoved into the corner for the extra support... sigh, I think I just may get a fake tree next year. This is a miserable experience. Or maybe it's just too big for the stand. =(

Tesserae

Asked by Tesserae at 7:01 PM on Dec. 2, 2012 in Holidays

• I am so sorry :(

I've had them fall over, but always due to a pesky cat. I've never had any important ornaments broken as a result.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:02 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• Oh that sucks, but trust me, fake ones can fall too. When I was in about the 4th grade, I was at a friend's house. They had a train that ran under the tree. One of the branches hung low & blocked the train, so I crawled under the tree to lift the branch to allow the train to go by & over went the tree! Luckily no harm done, and the mom & my friend both forgave me! :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:04 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• Sorry about your ornaments...I've never had a real tree, so I'm not familiar with their care/set-up.
    Maybe your kids could get crafty and make memorable replacement ornaments. ..?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:08 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• Yep, as a kid once I remember the tree falling over. What a mess! My mom, the queen of neat freaks, nearly had a heart attack. The tree was too dry, which made the trunk crack.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:09 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• We anchor ours with wire to help it hold up against the cat, the dog's giant wagging tail and the three year old. I have had the unfortunate task of cleaning up broken ornaments and drying off soaked presents. Stay strong, only 23 more days!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 7:25 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• Fall over? No. Get pulled over by a 2 year old, yes.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:26 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• Yes,Because my cat climbed the tree in the middle of the night a few years back I lost half of my glass ornaments because of it.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 8:26 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• Oh man that sucks op... I have had my share of fake trees come down ...
    due to flying cats, climbing cats or for no reason at all (I think a cat was behind them all...lol)
    even my youngest dd wanted to see it up close and personal from her walker and brought it down..
    lost many ornaments that way ...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 6:52 AM on Dec. 3, 2012

• Oh gosh no
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 7:54 AM on Dec. 3, 2012

• Yes and nothing broke!
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:11 PM on Dec. 4, 2012