Not sure how she doesn't see him for what he really is

my cousin posted on Facebook that she was trading cleaning her BFF's house for being able to do her laundry over there because she was broke until the 5th
I asked her why her live in boyfriend wasn't giving her the money to do it,was he broke too? She didn't answer me
it got me thinking. How could you know your SO for almost 14 years,and be living together for 5 years,and have them need money for something,and just think,"oh well,not my problem"?
She's mentioned that she'd been short for her half the rent once,and he just told her he wasn't going to cover the gap she was missing.
They live together,but completely separate. Like roommates that have sex.
I'm not sure why she's happy to accept this behavior from him.
My husband made sure i had everything i needed when we 1st started dating(like a gentleman).
This boyfriend of hers has come right out and told her that he'll never marry her.
The way he treats her breaks my heart,and it breaks my heart that she thinks so little of herself that she accepts it
I told her that she's going to make up one day and realize how she's wasted her life putting up with this guy's BS

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 7:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2012 in Relationships

• It's sad to me how many women would rather put up with being treated as unworthy of respect instead of just being single.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:54 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• It's not just guys who do this to women. My brother's ex (I hope he doesn't go back to her) is like this. When he's working all his money goes to her, their daughter and all the things they need, but when he's down and out she moves back in with her mom and lets the electricity get shut off, the house get taken away.
    It's like, what the hell?! You don't view your relationship as a partnership?! That's pretty crappy.
    Then as soon as he gets a job again, and the tax return back, she's right back by his side, sucking it away from him.
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 8:35 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• Some people just think that is a normal relationship. My ex-boyfriend thought that way (among many other problems we had). Everything was a 50/50 split. The only difference was that he would cover things, but keep a running tally of what I "owed" him. When we broke up, he was actually going to go through the checking account statements, and try to figure out who made what charges and when and make sure I didn't still "owe" him anything. I put a quick stop to that, though, when I reminded him that he owed me $1400 on my credit card and if he wanted to be that picky, he could take me to court for that and I'd take him for the credit card and we'd see who came out on top. lol
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:42 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• This ^^^
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 8:03 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• Some women don't want to be alone and settle for men like that. Sad.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:30 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• I agree with Ginger, too many women are happy for accept part of a man just for the sake of having one! It surely comes down to self worth and esteem issues, very sad.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 11:35 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

• I think you accept the love (or relationship) you think you deserve.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 7:19 AM on Dec. 4, 2012