Is anyone else getting sick of the new fad baby names recently? (ie Kaylee, Rylee, Emileigh, etc)

Josayah, Freyah, Nanceigh - etc.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• This is not a fad, it's only been going on since the beginning of time. How do you think names came about anyway?!
    Anonymous

• I can assure you, first answerer, that this is a new fad.

Names ending with "ee" and "eigh" and "ah" - have started to get extrememly popular the last couple of years.
    Anonymous

• My sister's name is kaylee and I LOVE her name!! I would of named my DD that had my sister not been named that LOL.
    LilyFrogTat

Answer by LilyFrogTat at 7:44 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• My 3 yr old son's middle name ( which I picked 10 years ago) is Josiah & My 2 yr old daughter's name is Kayli, and I love them both. Popular names come and go in cycles, so give it a year or so and it'll be new names you hear all the time.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 7:57 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• It doesn't bother me. My son name ends with "ee". Kyree. I think its cute and his name is unisex.
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 10:11 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I am for unique names so if you mean changing a typical name by making it more unusual then I am all for it. I also think a parent can make the decision to name their child whatever they see fit. Including celebrities. I would never want to name my child something boring like Jake, Luke, Emma, or Sophia. Trendy but boring is not my style. But if it is yours then bless your heart and your child's. Go for it.

Anonymous

• I don't consider those "fad" names. The first three...those are acceptable spellings of the names. My cousin's oldest daughter is named Cayley. She was named that long before it was "in". She's 24 (I think). I think the name Emily (however you want to spell it) is classic and Riley (for a boy or girl) is cute.
    And really, why does anyone care what anyone else names their kid. I never got that.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:51 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• LOL! thanks anon 8:14, my sons name is Luke. Well Lucas but we call him Luke. I wanted him to have a name that would grow with him when he becomes and adult and not some cutsey name that he might be embarassed to say when he gets older. or can't spell when he starts school!
    Anonymous

• I try to pick names that fit baby, kid, teen, adult, and old person. People should think of having that name said at the altar when the child gets married or some nurse in a nursing home saying it to them when they are old. I think some of the names out there these days are nuts...but I am old fashioned. Mine are Joseph, Emily, Hope, Will and Jack
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:29 AM on Feb. 13, 2009