Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 Bumps

What is the best way to deal with neighbors like this?

My neighbors are 19 and 20 with a small child (under a yr). They smoke pot (I can smell it), they fight every day, they have parked me in a few times, they don't know how to close a door (always slamming), and I'm pretty sure they are selling drugs from their apartment as well. I have a full time job working 1st shift. I have children that need sleep as they have to get up for school in the morning. Right now they must be having a party as it is fairly loud. My children are trying to sleep and I'm trying to sleep.
Do I call them? Do I knock on their door? Or do I call the police?


Asked by tempsingl3mom at 11:10 PM on Dec. 2, 2012 in Relationships

Level 26 (27,595 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (13)
  • Call the cops but be prepared for it to get a little louder before it quiets down. If there are drugs and alcohol present in the house, both of them will be arrested, therefore CPS will more then likely be called in to take custody of the baby. I would say you have put up with enough already and it is time you stnd up for yourself and your kids. Also, contact the landlord and make sure he is aware of the situation.

    Answer by spiritguide_23 at 12:08 AM on Dec. 3, 2012

  • I would call the police. They might be confrontational if drinking or smoking, so I wouldn't risk it. Do you really think they would care if you asked them to shut down their party?

    Answer by sunshineemommy at 11:12 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

  • Call the police. Then, file a report with the landlords, especially if there is a noise clause in the lease agreement. Good luck!

    Answer by Kword at 11:16 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

  • What kword said. Definetly report this to the landlord.

    Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:21 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

  • Police and follow up with the landlord.

    Answer by admckenzie at 11:26 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

  • Screw it... call the police. Report it.. then let your landlord know what you had to do to finally get it to stop. Or if you think the landlord will help, call him first.

    Answer by m-avi at 11:30 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

  • Call the police and remain anonymous. You don't want them deciding to get back a you later, especially if there are arrests made for drinking or drugs.

    Answer by Ballad at 11:53 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

  • Call the cops... EVERY SINGLE time!!!!!!

    Answer by Crafty26 at 11:53 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

  • Call CPS also. All that pot cannot be good for the baby in there.

    Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 11:55 PM on Dec. 2, 2012

  • Just call the cops.

    Answer by Mme.Langley at 11:41 PM on Dec. 2, 2012