Question?

My Daughter is 6 months old and is really big haha she is alsmost hanging out of her car seat i was wondering when should i move her to a bigger one

aggheff08

Asked by aggheff08 at 7:42 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• :). awww, give her a hug for me, please. Carseats go by the weight of the child, so chances are it is time. Read what weights the seats are for.

Answer by Bmat at 7:46 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Most carrier carseats are good for up to 20 lbs, or by the time they're a year old, whichever comes first. Some carseats are good for up to 50 lbs. Just check the carseat and see, or get her a convertible carseat for bigger kids. I'm probably going to end up having to get a bigger one early on too :)
    lilmizzie27

Answer by lilmizzie27 at 7:52 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Check the weight limit. If she is under that, and there is at least one inch of hard shell above her head, she is fine. You could look into a convertible seat which RF still, but is bigger. How much does she weigh, what seat is she currently in?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:53 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Check the weight and height limits. Not all seats go by the "one inch of hard shell" rule. The one we had didn't...I even double checked with the manufacturer.

There's nothing wrong with getting her a convertible seat, though. She may need it before she's a year old anyway....

(my boys were out of their carriers at about 5 months average...)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:20 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Usaully a year old. But if your baby is really big that 8-10 monthes should be okay as long as shes not too small for the bigger carseat. All babies are different sizes, so you can't really
    go by age its whatever makes you and your baby comfortable. And at the end of the day
    mommy knows best so whichever seat fits her best. (you can take her to target and try
    her in bigger seats)
    bronxcouture

Answer by bronxcouture at 9:26 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Check out your states laws. I'm not sure if they vary from to state to state. But in Oregon your baby has to be over 20 pounds and at least a year old.
    foxy400ex

Answer by foxy400ex at 1:58 AM on Feb. 12, 2009