When your child was able to get out of his/her crib....

How long did it take for he/she to realize that at nap/bedtime they could not leave their bed?

PANZONSMOM

Asked by PANZONSMOM at 9:03 AM on Dec. 3, 2012 in General Parenting

• We never had a problem with that at all. Neither left their crib/bed at night even though they were perfectly capable of doing it. They only ever did it in the morning if they were up before us and were hungry - they'd come and demand food!
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 3:41 AM on Dec. 4, 2012

• 18 months. She climbed everything and anything she could. I put her in a toddler bed because it was safer then taking a chance on her falling and hurting herself.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:05 AM on Dec. 3, 2012

• My Son never climbed out. He loved his crib. He stayed in it until he was three. My Daughter is in it now & she doesn't act like she's jumping out anytime soon either. I leave the soft snuggly bumpers in & they snuggle in to the sides.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:32 AM on Dec. 3, 2012

• He was attempting to climb up the sides before he could even walk. I think he first made it out around 15-16 months. We got a crib tent which he then figured out in just a few weeks -.-
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:32 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• DS got moved to a toddler bed when he was around 18 months. He started crawling out of the crib at 14 months. He finally stopped getting up out of bed at around 4. He slept on the floor a lot.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:11 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• My kids have never had cribs or playpens. As for naps they fall out nursing or in the car I usually leave em in their seat or lay them out on the couch or bed or lay with them
    flowersmama

Answer by flowersmama at 11:00 AM on Dec. 4, 2012