What is it REALLY like having three children?

What is it REALLY like having three children? The good the bad the ugly including money wise?? :-) I am Considering having a third child BUT I am a little scared too. It seems that with two parents two children just make sense yet I don't feel done.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• My third was not a big deal. It was the fifth for us that really became difficult.
    KathMW

Answer by KathMW at 8:00 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Im on the same boat your in except my husband thinks we should wait for a year or two.But i want another sooo bad. Were financially okay but we just have some plans we want to put forth before we have another.*sigh* i just cant wait lol.
    Anonymous

• I honestly cant tell you what it is like making the jump from 2 to 3. When the time came for us to go from 2 kids to 3 kids we ended up with 5 kids in the end because we had Triplets as baby #3 talk about a suprise and a shock. I know that many of my friends have said that adding 3 wasnt that much crazier than adding 2 provided that 2 didnt stress you out. my SIL was a stressed out mom of 1 then she had #2 and things were even worse for her and then she was shocked by baby #3 (didnt listen when the dr said that even after a vasomecty her dh could have live ones for a while) and that sent her over the deep end in so many ways but she was on the way there already.

fact is that if you are stable then there isnt a good reason not to go for #3
    Anonymous

• Financially were ok thus far. We just had our third baby dec 8th. Our other two children are 5 and 3. Im busier than ever now...lol But my older children likes to help out with the new baby and when my husband gets off of work he take over while I have me time or take a nap(cook dinner,play with kids,feed baby,etc).We work together. But once the frst year is over it'll get easier I m assuming. Since the baby been born my house is a little messier than usual..lol and my daughter whines alot but were working on that but for me its not as hard as I thought but its only been 2 mths. I think you should discuss it with SO and seriously decide together because it is a big change. Good luck!!!
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 10:02 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• For me three wasn't any harder then two really. Probably because I never had time to get used to just 2 kids. My 3rd was born just 13 months after the 2nd. And he's only 15 months younger then my oldest (so the oldest had just turned 2 when the 3rd was born). All 3 were in diapers for a long time but it wasn't hard at all.
    It got hard around the time the youngest was 2 and the older two were 3 and 4. My oldest turned into a monster, ugh. They are 8, 7 and 6 now. I also have an almost 3yo.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:47 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• lol ill let you know in july! we are pregnant with our third but i honestly dont see much difference then with two. i have heard once you get past two its the same!
    boogirlsmommy

Answer by boogirlsmommy at 6:39 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• The 3rd & 4th are just as easy as the second, it's even easier if you still have your baby items. My son ws 5 when his sister was born so I didn't have any baby items so I had to start over from scratch.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:02 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Well coming from one of three and then being one of three and then having three...I would say not a big deal but usually if they are a mix of sex's then one is always over ruled. Other than that not much. I did however go on to have two more later in life...that was kind of a big ordeal. I now have five from 23 on down to 2...so life is nuts!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:26 AM on Feb. 13, 2009