How do I get rid of lice eggs when I already used the shampoo treatment twice on my daughter?

There are still a lot of eggs that the comb is not taking out and there really glued to hair which makes it hard to just pull out with my fingers. Plz help!

Thanks4thehelp

Asked by Thanks4thehelp at 9:13 AM on Dec. 3, 2012 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Pitch the cheapo plastic comb and buy a metal nit comb. Before using it put conditioner on the hair and let it sit about 5 minutes. Then comb left to right, front to back, right to left and back to front. Wipe the comb each time you use it.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:00 AM on Dec. 3, 2012

• Use a very fine-toothed comb, Sometimes they come with the shampoo. I had to pull them off one by one.

Answer by Bmat at 9:25 AM on Dec. 3, 2012

• Forgot to say. Don't wash the conditioner out until you're done.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:04 AM on Dec. 3, 2012

• my ped told me not to use conditioner it acts like a shield around the nits. use the metal comb instead of the cheap plastic(metal works best jmo) but if you get vinegar and wash dds hair with that it will kill and help remove all nits and make it alot easier!! it doesnt matter what kind of vinegar you use. if you google natural lice treatments it should pop right up!

rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 11:31 AM on Dec. 3, 2012

• Our county health director is the one who came out with the conditioner. Had 3 foster girls come to me with hair down to their waist and the lice was so bad that their hair actually MOVED! Creepiest I've ever dealt with and I couldn't get rid of it. I was thrilled to get help with it.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 12:53 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• you can use tweezers, also do a vinegar rinse and it should loosen them up.
    notjstasocermom

Answer by notjstasocermom at 1:38 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• Sometimes nothing OTC works. Lice are becoming tolerant of OTC products in the same way bacteria is resistent of antibiotics. In really difficult situations it may actually call for a trip to the doctor for something stronger. I have heard vinigar treatment can work for some types of hair. I believe it is two tablespoons for every two cups of water and you can try putting it is spray bottle then using a ment wire pic comb. I am interested in knowing if anyone has tried the vinigar with success.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 3:23 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• I got it as a teen I was able to feel the nitz and pull them out one by one. I also dont nor have ever really had nails. Id go with a metal comb or find someone who can feel them. Spend an hour take a few hours then get back to again for an hour. The more time you put in the better your chances of ridding yourself of them. Plus an adult can live up to a week or so without eating so delouse everyone and everywhere
    flowersmama

Answer by flowersmama at 10:53 AM on Dec. 4, 2012

• If you have a desk lamp use it to your advantage nietzsche have a different reflection than hair if youre working with blonde or brown hair
    flowersmama

Answer by flowersmama at 10:56 AM on Dec. 4, 2012