Do you think if someone named a boy Henry he would get called Harry or Hank?

we sort of like the name henry. We are debating between Leo, Graham or Henry for a boy, but my husband said that he thinks people might nick name him hank or harry because he knows of a guy in his 50's that they call hank but his real name is henry.

Do you think it'll be a problem or is the nick name Hank kind of dated?

rockabell.2009

Asked by rockabell.2009 at 10:50 AM on Dec. 3, 2012 in Baby Names

• I think he will be called Henry if that is what he wants. He won't allow ,(and you won't allow)people to call him a nick name if he doesn't want it. My husband is named Michael, not Mike. no one who knows him calls him Mike.
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 4:06 AM on Jan. 26, 2013

• Personally ive never heard of some one being named Henry and getting nicknamed Harry. Hank yes but only if you allow him to be nicknamed that. I love all your name choices, I think Graham is soo adorable and we almost used it for our son Cooper
    Jayde2bys

Answer by Jayde2bys at 5:58 PM on Mar. 17, 2013

• Not really
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 7:12 AM on Mar. 2, 2014