Castor oil?

Has anyone really tried this with success? I just can't imagine inducing labor with something that makes you shit and vomit all over. So I'm just wondering, I want to hear stories!

I'm 37 weeks and 4 days, and no, I don't wanna know for preference...I'm not interested in ingesting vegetable oil that makes you shit LOL. I just seen another post about it and I couldn't believe after googling what it was, that someone would want to drink that

Cowbell88

Asked by Cowbell88 at 11:45 AM on Dec. 3, 2012 in Pregnancy

• I agree. Sounds horrible. Haha
    Cowbell88

Comment by Cowbell88 (original poster) at 12:13 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• I would be more concerned with my child having bowel movements in utero. The end of pregnancy may suck, but I can say the NICU sucks so much more than any possible discomfort you go through.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:13 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• Does it cause the baby to have a BM in utero? Yeah impatiently inducing labor isn't worth it
    Cowbell88

Comment by Cowbell88 (original poster) at 12:17 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• It can, yep. It doesn't happen every time but the risk is there.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:36 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• I wouldn't try to speed up labor.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 2:12 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• I can't imagine ever trying this!
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 2:13 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• I was seriously gonna post "oh HELL no, don't do it!" but I can see you aren't! Horrible idea.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 5:45 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• not after all the horror stories, I wouldn't even smell it for good measure haha.
    Cowbell88

Comment by Cowbell88 (original poster) at 6:26 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• I wouldnt want to speed up labor unless really medically necessary. I dont know if any of the old wives tales work. For example I had sex every single day, sometimes twice a day, my entire last trimester and my daughter arrived at 39 weeks 6 days
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 2:45 AM on Dec. 4, 2012

• It's really totally pointless. The baby will only come when s/he's ready - even medical induction won't work if the baby isn't ready to come. For those who swear there are remedies that DO work because it worked for them it was just coincidence! They would have gone into labour anyway! Why make yourself miserable with the trots and all that goes with it as well? Isn't labour itself bad enought?
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 3:38 AM on Dec. 4, 2012