Has your husband ever said something that made you want to murder him on the spot?

Right after I had my son,and we came back home to a messy house,my husband said" don't worry about cleaning the house. You can get to it when you feel better"
I almost smacked him!
He was on vacation and I did all the baby stuff,so I was at a loss as to why he thought he was going to spend the week sitting on his ass.....and I told him so
He thinks before he speaks now,lol

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 12:09 PM on Dec. 3, 2012 in Just for Fun

• Yep, I was on the toilet puking with the full blown out flu and he put the baby down in front of me and told me have at it. I was like wtf is wrong with you lol
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 3:24 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• Heck yes. But before I pick up the knife I remind myself that it's in a man's DNA to forget to think before they speak sometimes.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:13 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• Yesterday I was trying to tell dh what bills needed to be paid in the middle of the month. I pay all the bills because he always forgets, but I try to communicate with him what is going to be paid when. He acted like he didn't want to hear about it, so I told him that he can pay the bills then so he doesn't have to listen to me talk about it anymore. He burst out with, "well you can make all the money and I will do all the other stuff!" I tried really, really hard not to slap him.

When our oldest dd was born he asked if I'd like to work part time so that we wouldn't have to put her in daycare. We decided that was a good idea and I've worked part time ever since. I'd be making a hell of a lot more money if I'd pursued a career full time rather than work part time and take care of kids/household things. For him to say that to me yesterday was hurtful, and I made sure he knew how pissed I was.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:21 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• LOL! Who HASN'T?! When I get to that point, I just tell mine, "Til Death do us part- one way or another..." That's his clue he's been a dumbass & to stay clear :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:36 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• Yeah. I've committed murder quite often since I've been married. ; )
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 12:20 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• Nearly every single day....

I get home from work last week and he says... you really are getting fat... your face too! I could have killed him. I am 6 months pregnant, and I have only gained ten pounds! WHAT A JERK!
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 1:02 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• we've been together 21 yrs- of COURSE he has said some stupid sh*t!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:19 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• oh god........... don't get me started.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:57 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• My dh keeps telling me he wants to be a stay at home dad. I laugh because he has a hard time handling the kids with their homework, etc. What he actually means is that he wants to be able to stay home because he always has a project that he's working on. He forgets that if you stay at home that means you do the laundry, cook, clean house, homework, watch kids, etc.

Right now it's both of us working to just pay the bills and try and get a little ahead. Nice dream huh?
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 12:56 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• Haha ya, I remember one time my dh said to me, "You need to have the kids in bed on time. They never go to bed at bedtime". I sat there and thought about that because this is totally unusual for him. Then I said, "Wait a minute, you think it's MY job to put the kids to bed everynight? We aren't partners in raising these kids?" and I could tell he felt really stupid. So for a long time after that I would say, "you need to (bla bla bla)", just to make sure he didn't forget. lol
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 4:03 PM on Dec. 3, 2012