What to do? I found 2 ticks in the house!?

My husband found a tick on the kitchen floor, and one in my son's bed (after letting him bring in a sleeping bag from a tent outside, onto his bed!!!). Thankfully, we've not been bitten.

TXdanielly

Asked by TXdanielly at 7:43 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Home & Garden

• Check yourselves and your kiddos from head to toe daily for ticks and rashes. Change the bed sheets. Vacuum well throughout the house. I am sure you have already let your hubby and son know not to bring anything into the house from outside unless it is properly inspected.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 11:49 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• depending on where you live suprised only two. Growing up depending where stationed my mom would go over my brother and i armed w packing tape each night removing ticks after we had been out playing for even 30 mins.
    If your really worried abotu ticks in the house get the correct bug bomb; make plans for a few hrs to be out of teh house along w any pets and set 1-3 off depending on size of the house and how many floors. Remember to open the windows up when you get home and air it out. Good luck and try to not panic.
    froggies3sons

Answer by froggies3sons at 8:44 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I agree with the above. Get a bug bomb, they are supposed to kill fleas, ticks, ants etc.
    lisafc

Answer by lisafc at 8:48 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• we are in northern west virginia. wow, froggie, that's insane!! i have been checking the kids lately and bought frontline for the cats who sometimes get out... i don't want to get a bug bomb for the house nor put chemicals on the lawn...
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 11:15 PM on Jun. 19, 2008