Can my sons pedi call cps for a dog bite?

Wednesday my son was being a typical one year old and stepped on my dads dog, he swung around and bit my son on the wrist, while my dad was watching him. now my ds has a doc appointment at 2:30 today and all thats left of the "bite" (its more like a scratch theres no puncture wounds) is scabs. but im still worried that since we live with my dad that my son ped will call cps.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Dec. 3, 2012 in General Parenting

• Not really sure if they are required to do that. If the bites are just scratches like you said, then why is it necessary to have the Dr. see him?
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:54 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• They can call for any reason but it's unlikely they will if the bite is as minor as you state. Did he not need medical treatment at the time of the bite?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 1:57 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• I wouldn't think so from what you have said. It doesn''t matter that you live with your dad either. You sound more guilt-ridden over not being on your own, but you certainly aren't the first to need some help. He'll be fine. YOU'LL be fine..
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 1:58 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• no he didnt need medical treatment when he got bit, it wasnt deep enough and we just disinfected it and just looks like he fell into rose bushes or something
    and hes had this appointment for a month so i didnt make it because of the bite
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:00 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• I think you're fine. I wouldn't worry too much at all about this
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 2:01 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• dog bit son wednesday and you are just now having it looked at?
    Did the dog penetrate the skin or just scratch with teeth?
    I imagine with the time span between happening and now that they could if they felt you were neglectful by not taking him to ER or getting him in sooner.

They do like to make sure the dog has its shots etc and all that when one bites.

luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 2:02 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• i do kind of feel kind of guilty because if the pedi calls cps and they tell my dad to put the dog down, all the anger will be thrown at me and my son and my df. thats partly why im asking this
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:02 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• @ luvmygrandbaby, i just said he's had this appointment for a month so no i didnt make this appointment because of the dog bite
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:04 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• If it looks like a scratch and isn't showing any signs of infection or anything along those lines (including bruising and such) why would you need to tell the doctor anything about it?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 2:14 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• because shes going to ask about it
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:18 PM on Dec. 3, 2012