5min late for an appt and they make you reschedule?

Is this really the norm nowadays? I had a WIC appt at 12:15... STUPID timing anyways since its lunch time and rush hour around town but she said this was the first appt they had. Was getting ready to leave when dh had to run a quick errand for work so we drove him there and back home and went to the WIC office, we were literally only 5min late by their clock inside and when I walked in she told me "your appt was for 12:15, we need to reschedule" I was like WTF?! Especially for something like WIC where you have to usually bring kids and paperwork and what not, 5min should NOT be a big deal! I think they just wanted to hurry up and close for lunch and didn't feel like taking me :P (they close at 12:30 for lunch so i don't even know why'd they scheduled me at 12:15 in the first place!) Sigh, so now i have to go back on Wed at 10:15 and hope that they're done in time for me to pick up my son at 11, should be a short meeting cause we don't have to re-certify but still... Ugh, I'm just really annoyed right now!

DreainCO

Asked by DreainCO at 2:41 PM on Dec. 3, 2012 in General Parenting

• Yup, and when you show up on time they have you wait 20 minutes past your appointment time anyways before they'll see you
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:47 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• If they knew they closed at 12:30 for lunch why was an appt made 15 minutes before lunch.
    I would not have left, but instead ask for the one in charge. It sounds like someone made a mistake in scheduling.

Can a phone appt take care of a recertification?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:28 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• yeah. they just wanted lunch.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:02 PM on Dec. 3, 2012