No one showed up to my son birthday party! What should I do???

This weekend was my son 6th birthday. He wanted a pool part, so because it is December, I went out and rented an indoor pool space. We are new in the area, and dnt really knw anybody. My son is very shy and only wanted to invited 7 kids 6 parent RSVP and said they would be there. 5 days before the party I send a reminder text and again all 6 said we will be there. So on that day of my son helped in getting everything together for his , he was so excited. We sat waiting for an hour before I started make calls. I got 1 oh I forgot, 1 got the dat mixed up, 1 parent had just started cooking, 1 didn't have any gas, and the others no answer. So I had to look him in his face and tell someone was going to be able to come. We both was truly hurt! I ended up packing up everything, and just taking him to the movies. He hasn't said anything else about, but I need he is still upset, and I'm still hurt a little.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Dec. 3, 2012 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Wow, that's too bad. I sure he was heartbroken. Shame on those parents for not following through with plans.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 4:15 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• My nephew had this happen to him. The disappointment in his face was hard to face. I decided that when any of my kids were going to have a party it would just be one or two of their closest friends when they were young. Not a lot you can say but remind him that you love him. Perhaps with being new to the area it was a little much.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 3:55 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• within a week or so i'd try to reschedule the party. without telling him about it. kind of a surprise party.
    kujus04

Answer by kujus04 at 4:00 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• How sad :( Poor little guy. I like the idea of trying to arrange a surprise party for him, but it will be harder the closer it gets to the holidays. And what 5 or 6 y/o boy can keep a secret? :p I think you did the best you could under the circumstances. It's too bad that he had to learn such a hard life lesson this early in life. *hugs for the little man*

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:25 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• All those parents should be ABSOLUTELY ASHAMED of themselves!
    That is such a horrible story! My heart breaks for your son!
    You put so much in to a party to make it special for your child, but YOU ARE A WONDERFUL MOM, you made the best of it for your son and that is what counts!
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 9:32 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• that totally just broke my damn heart.. I'm so sorry mama.. ugh.. that brought me to tears. my son just turned 5 and we don't have friends with kids - I invited his whole preschool class figuring no one or maybe 1 or 2 kids would come, I was lucky compared to this situation but just remind your baby he is such a special boy
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:21 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Well we aren't all that new. We been here since August, and we've been to a lot of da schools functions.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:16 PM on Dec. 3, 2012