8 years! It took you 8 damn years!

OOOOoooooOOoooOOoooooMy GOSH!

Dh went to renew his licence last week. They told him he had a failure to appear but it would not affect him renewing his license.

I check the mail today and I receive a letter stating the opposite. Until he pays the fines his renewal is denied. Mind you we already paid for everything. He has a Class A cdl. It was over 100 dollars to renew. Now he won't get it?!

But that's not even the kicker.... I called and called and no one knew ANYTHING about this failure to appear. I went online and put in his info.. NOTHING.

I call another number and they said, " Oh yeah here it is. A failure to appear in 2010." I'm thinking 2010....we didn't get any tickets that year. The lady says, " No ma'am the ticket is from 2002. It wasn't processed until 2010. " It was sent to the address he lived at in 2002. ?!?!?!

8 years! To process a ticket? Have any of you ladies ever been through anything similar.

4xsthetrouble

Asked by 4xsthetrouble at 5:32 PM on Dec. 3, 2012 in Money & Work

• Nope just known idiots who took 8+ years to take care of their legal issues.as for his fines by him showing up he might beable to get it all dissmissed because of how long ago it happened
    flowersmama

Answer by flowersmama at 5:39 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• Isn't there a statute of limitations on that sort of thing?!
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 5:41 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• I'm telling you ladies I wanted to kick something. I asked her, because I wanted to Sure...REALLY SURE. I said, " He failed to appear in 2002 for the ticket??"

" No maam. He GOT the ticket in 2002, but it wasn't processed until 2010...that's when he was supposed to appear but didn't and got the failure to appear."

I sat there in silence for a bit. 8 years lady? 8??
    4xsthetrouble

Comment by 4xsthetrouble (original poster) at 5:44 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• You can contact a lawyer. Did he follow up in 2002 after he received the ticket?  I'm asking because I don't know how these things work.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:49 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• That's when you ask to speak to the damn district attorney or whoever would be in charge of the "Failure to appear" notice and tell them you want this dismissed NOW! That is total ridiculousness and shouldn't even be showing up on his record this many years later @@
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 5:49 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• sorry. their fault
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:50 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• The thing is in 2005 Dh had some tickets and he decided he'd rather sit them out. He told them he had one from 2002 in the county that he got it and he wanted to go sit it out.

What did they say, " No we're gonna release you because nothing pulls up"....he tried to take care of it but it would never pull up.
    4xsthetrouble

Comment by 4xsthetrouble (original poster) at 5:58 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• My husband was involved in a car accident in 1995(the other driver's fault) His truck was totalled.
    As far as he knew,the issue was settled by the insurance companies. He got the money to replace his vehicle,the insurance company fixed the other driver's car.
    Apparently in 1999,her family sued my husband's insurance company and said the accident caused her health condition,and led to her death(she was 92 at the time of the accident,never should have been driving to begin with)
    The matter was dropped,but he was suppose to be in court
    He had moved here from IL in 1997. No one tried to find him
    When he tried to renew his CDL in 2010,they said they were revoking his license for failure to show in court 11 years before
    That was a fun time trying to get that cleared up. Trying to get ILto understand that we couldn't just show up at the courthouse and the insurance company office when we lived in WI and had to do it all by mail.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:02 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• I don't have time for them to beat around the bush with this. I don't want to pay it because that's just flat out wrong. 8 years.
    4xsthetrouble

Comment by 4xsthetrouble (original poster) at 6:08 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• Guess what? You/he will just have to, to get his license. Not your choice.

Answer by louise2 at 6:28 PM on Dec. 3, 2012