Has this happened to anybody else

my dd is 18 mnths & for the last week & 1/2 has thrown up 4 times.
Once last last Monday then Tuesday & Wednesday she was fine & then Thursday she threw up & then was totally fine for the rest of the day (playing, eating, etc)
Friday she threw up again...she has no temperature or anything. Then last night, Tuesday, she threw up again.
Whenever she does throw up it seems to only be once & then shes fine. I thought maybe it was just a stomach virus b/c Saturday I woke up & threw up just once & then was totally fine too..but it's been a week & 1/2 & I'm getting worried b/c in all other aspects she seems to be fine so I dont understand why she keeps randomly throwing up. Waitng for her ped to call me back so please dont justsay ask her ped.
she was blood tested for about 30 different allegrens & came back negative for all. The only thing she eats/drinks daily is milk & if it were that wouldnt she be throwing up more often?

heimikkat

Asked by heimikkat at 7:49 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I had something similar with my daughter. They are still looking into it. Trying to find a pattern. They think it could be something called cyclical vomiting. You should ask your ped about it. My daughter is the same throws up only hers lasts for about 2 days then she is fine for about 3 weeks then it happens again. She never has a temp or any other symptoms. She turns throws up and is right back to playing a minute later. They have also discovered that she has esophageal acid reflux. Which is where she doesn't get normal heartburn but the acid irritates her esophagus and makes her vomit. Her ped put her on Zantac and that was 3 months ago. She has had no vomiting since then. They have no ruled out cyclical vomiting.

singlemom5481

Answer by singlemom5481 at 8:12 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• This has never happened to me so Im not sure. Maybe she just has some sort of a virus that makes her stomach feel sick.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 7:58 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• sorry that has never happened to me. I hope that you are able to find out what is causing it, and that she is ok.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 8:13 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• My son had a virus at the end of 08 begining 09 and he threw up 3 times in one week. That was it. It was just something that had to go through his system. I was told to not give him milk or formula until he hadn't thrown up for 8 hours. That's all they told me.
    KimberlySnipes

Answer by KimberlySnipes at 8:16 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• That happened to my daughter for about a week and it was the same way, she had no fever or anything to make me think she was sick, and after she threw up she was fine. i just gave her pedialite and after that week she has been fine. I think something just temp. upset her tummy.
    allyssasmommy

Answer by allyssasmommy at 10:06 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I am certainly NO expert, but I'm thinking possible food poisoning since you had the same symptoms. Maybe bad milk or eggs? Just a thought.
    Heidi70

Answer by Heidi70 at 2:07 AM on Feb. 12, 2009