"Helpful" three year old

OK so my dd just marched out of the bathroom with her mitts covered in soap and rubbed it on the speaker next to the television saying, "Look Mom, I'm dusting!" LOL

Any other "helpful" kids tales out there?

tessiedawg

Asked by tessiedawg at 6:32 PM on Dec. 3, 2012 in General Parenting

• Far too many, my 3 yr old once sprayed Windex all over the (suede) couch to clean it.

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 6:34 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• My daughter recently "cleaned" the kitchen sink by pouring in a bunch of toilet bowl cleaner--the baby latch on the cupboard under the sink had come loose and was very quickly tightened again--and then spraying the sink, the dishes in the drainer, the counters, the floor, and most of the kitchen, with water from the dish rinsing hose. Toilet bowl cleaner makes a lot of bubbles when hit with a high pressure spray! I couldn't get too upset because I was sick as a dog, and she wanted to be helpful.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:08 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• That is adorable. DD helps me do laundry. She likes to "fold" her things and put them away.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 6:59 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• oh no....... awful stories LOL
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:24 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• Enjoy this helpfull age. Because it will end. Unless you have a unusual child that still likes to clean as a teen. Not many do.

Answer by louise2 at 8:42 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• lol how cute.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 12:17 AM on Dec. 4, 2012

• I guess I am lucky because the 13yo acted like I got her a new skateboard when I introduced her to the new steam mop. She can't get enough of it. YAY!

Also, I just got a tiny tree for the 3yo to decorate while 13yo and I worked on the larger tree, when we looked back again, she had one of her socks on it, a pile of garland, and on the top she balanced a hackey sack with a peace sign on it. Hilarious and somehow appropriate. :D
    tessiedawg

Comment by tessiedawg (original poster) at 9:42 PM on Dec. 3, 2012