I was a little skeptical...

When I first heard of Salma Hayek breastfeeding a child who was not her own I was unsure of what to think but after watching this clip I believe her to be a wonderful human being. Any one else have thoughts on this? I know this has been posted but I am speaking to those, who like myself, had yet to see footage.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh8Av4P4JhzOWxcRBo

micrespo

Asked by micrespo at 7:54 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• i think it was amazing.... she fed a starving newborn... how can anyone say anything neg. about that??
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 8:00 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• good

miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 8:07 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• aww that was precious :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 8:07 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• JuLiAnSmOmMy317:i think it was amazing.... she fed a starving newborn... how can anyone say anything neg. about that??

Exactly. Kudos to her.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:11 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• If the mom is fine with it I don't see why anyone else should care.
    Anonymous

• That was absolutely amazing, (even though I did get teary in the beginning that poor baby), I have no idea why anyone would want to or feel it necessary to bash her for that, I don't think she did anything wrong at all.

hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 8:17 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I thought about wet nursing too.... and couldn't find anyone who wanted me to. I think what Selma did was a wonderful example, and a great way to breakdown barriers of taboo about breastfeeding.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 8:30 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I can't find the link but I do know that I have no issue with a woman steping in to be a suragant for providing breast milk. Breastfeeding is a wonderful and natural way to provide nutrients to a child. A Denny's restaurant in NC asked a mother to leave after she breastfed her child in the restaurant. The police were called out to the restaurant. I wrote in to their corporate headquaters and asked them to consider making signs and posting that Denny's is a breastfeeding family friendly restaurant.
    Anonymous

• I get that breastfeeding is best (that's how I fed my OWN infants), but why couldn't she have expressed/pumped her breastmilk and given it to the baby via a bottle?
    Anonymous

• I don't think there was time for that kind of consideration, she just saw a starving baby and opened her heart and her shirt. Besides this was in AFRICA, there may not have been any clean bottles available, or electricity for the pump or whatever. Besides what does it matter if she fed the baby her milk directly or put it in a bottle andthen fed him? The baby got the nourishment he needed and that's what counts the most, isn't it?
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 9:30 PM on Feb. 11, 2009